Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ohio Bike Week Shawshank Redemption Run


I've been off work all week on a stay cation as some would call it. Working on our upstairs of our house, ripped all the carpet and now painting each room this dirty white (light gray). Kathy painted some of the trim tonight and it made it look more gray then white so it will be OK. I feel so soar from working non stop. I thought this was supposed to be a vacation. I did get a few days rest at Kathy's mom and dad's. I rode out separate then Kathy to Norwalk. That way she could take the dogs yet we could still go to bike week on the Motorcycle. Mom, Dad, Kathy and I took a ride up too see what was going on at Bike week in Sandusky Monday night. Absolutely nothing! kinda shocked by it but oh well.

Tuesday, rode out to Sandusky bright and early around 8:00 am for the Shawshank Ride which was fucking amazing. Free pancakes at Mad river and then a free organized run to Mansfield to the Ole Reformatory. I have never got to step foot in that place during the day so I saw it as a Prime time for taking photos. Took over 300 there, ridiculous. Usually when we go up to the Reformatory it's for the dumb haunted house. The ride was really cold, I'm really glad I brought the gloves. Also started raining half way there which never feels good on the face. We arrived at Mansfield's Harley dealership around 10:00am and had some coffee and doughnuts. Took a gnarly shit in the porta john which I am not ashamed to say. Coffee does that to a man in the morning. Finally got off to the Reformatory. 10 bucks a person to walk around as long as you like. What a deal really. Kathy and I took about 3 hrs in there just exploring every nook and cranny. I could hear bikes firing up and storming off and we weren't even half way through the building. By time we got out there were only three bikes left out of like 60 who originally went. Pretty amusing to me that so many people rush through things. My hole concept in life lately is to drink everything in and take the moment for what it is as long as you can.

We rode back to Norwalk by ourselves which wasn't as fun without the the group of 60+ riders, cold and drizzling, Kathy was huddled on my back trying to hide from the wind. We made it back to her parents house around 4:00pm and I took a much needed nap. All day yesterday I scoured for pictures of ghosts or orbs in the shots I took, but nothing came of them. Oh well, maybe next time.

I've got a bunch of videos to edit. I've been working on a short from Pinned but not quite there yet because of all the home renovations. I got some vid of the Shawshank run too so I'll try and slap that together soon.

Friday is Kathy and my best friend Timmy's bday party so I'm gonna have a lot of shots from that debauchery. Look forward to posting those cause Kathysauras-rex is sure to be out in full effect. ahah
Well I'm gonna post the best pics from the other day and hit the sack its late. gnight!






shot by kathy! I edited the photo to bring out the sky but man looks good

this bike's gypsy paint was gnar















so strange lights in this photo

wtf



Scary movie


















so four rooms in diffrent parts of the hall. Natural light comes from all of them to form this X, Mind blown!






love every part of this






One of my favorite shots








Forever two wheels

we didn't see any ghosts so we made our own





No comments:

Post a Comment