Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ride to Not Die

Left work a little earlier then usual yesterday to try and make it home before rush hour. There was also a big storm that was supposed to hit around 8pm. Dumb weather channel! It was around 80 degrees outside yesterday! I just Had to jump on the bike and blow off some steam. I rode through the valley and up in to a random part of Berea I have never seen. Beautiful lakes in the middle of Cleveland area. After finding my way to familiar roads I get on smith/150 and almost get T-boned by a car turning left from my right side. The dumb ass was looking to his right the hole time while rolling into the street. I thought to myself either brake and get hit or floor it. I dropped gears and throttled quickly!I veered in to the left turning lane. The look on that kids face I bet was priceless, realizing he almost hit me. "Toilet paper anyone?" It was scary for both of us.

I've seen on some blogs of pics being taking by just the rider. Left handed throttle though. I took out my phone just to see what it be like to control the bike no handed and one handed to take a few shots and it wasn't that bad! I think I'm gonna move up to strapping the cannon on my neck and try to get some real shots! Also I'm planning on buying some booms for the bike for the GoPro. Get some wide angles of the hole bike while riding! Shits going be sweet. One shot edited on the phone I took. Off to work.


1 comment:

  1. Stay safe out there... I've played with a little POV photography on the cycle too... Certainly not what I'd call perfected. Booms with the GoPro. Now you r thinking. I always used this as my reference model of where I want to go with POV shoots. http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2007/08/chase-jarvis-tech-pov-photography/

    ReplyDelete